May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

We had a fun Memorial Day. There was a lot of family and food involved. Even though we only stopped by one grave I did think about my own and Spencer's grandfathers who served in both World War I and World War II. I know just a little about the actual details of each of my grandfather's experiences in the wars, and as I write about this I wish that I knew more about their experiences.

Yesterday my dad gave us an American flag, but unfortunately we haven't put it up because we don't have a flag pole or anything else to put it on. Between Spencer's family's breakfast this morning, my family's Bar-B-Que this afternoon and a birthday party for our grandma in the evening we didn't have time to get something to post our flag in. But soon, very soon we will be proud to be flying our American flag. In the mean time I will just post this picture on our blog. I figure it is the least we can do to show our gratitude.

4 comments:

Scarlett said...

Sounds like you had a busy, but fun day! That's great you have your own flag now. We still don't have one, but the Young Men in our ward put them up for us. Good luck with your moving process!

Becky said...

It was a great day. Thanks for coming. Love ya.

Erin said...

I bought a flag for our home last year and we have yet to hang it. I think it says a lot about a family flying an American flag.

Ame said...

I think we need updated pics of your new HOUSE!?! Hmm maybe too busy moving.