November 30, 2010

"Do you like my turkey?"

"Do you like my turkey?" is what Madelyn asks every time she notices her paper turkey hanging on the fridge. She was one happy little girl when she got to make her own thanksgiving turkey. She couldn't wait to show her dad when he got home from work, and the next morning when she woke up the first thing she said, in that sleepy barely awake voice, was, "I want my turkey". So every time she asks, "Do you like my turkey?" we of course respond with various comments about just how amazing her paper turkey is.


I am especially enjoying this holiday season with Madelyn. She gets so excited about the little things (like homemade paper turkeys). Watching her play with her cousins on Thanksgiving made me so happy. Between jumping on grandma's bed, playing dress up and bouncing around on Grandpa's knee I think she had a fabulous thanksgiving, which made made me enjoy it just that much more.

5 comments:

Scarlett said...

So adorable! I love the things our children say. And congrats on your pregnancy! A boy! How exciting!

kate said...

yay for paper turkeys! i lost your blog address for a while there, but found it through your cousin shannon's today. :) congrats on #2! you are so flippin tiny! you look great. yay for a little brother, wonderful!

ty and megs said...

can't wait to mckinlay and eliza to play with madelyn!!!

Becky said...

Having Madelyn for Thanksgiving made it absolutely wonderful for me too! My favorite thing to hear Madelyn say (which she always says upon arriving at our house) is "Grandma look at me" followed by her pause of anticipation for me to tell her how darling she is. Then she makes her humble little "Spencer" smile. What a dolly.

Katrina said...

So cute! I love it. Juliet's really enjoying the holiday season this year too, and I know what you mean about making it so much more enjoyable having children who are starting to get it. Anyway Madelyn is so cute. And you look great! Congratulations on your baby boy coming!!!