October 10, 2011

"I forgive you mom"

The other day Madelyn had a few treats and it wasn't even lunch time yet. I told her that she couldn't have anymore treats, but she found a chocolate which she concealed between her hands, and as I walked by her in the kitchen she stood there and watched me with very focused, concerned eyes. I knew something was up and as I looked closer I could see the chocolate wrapper between her hands. I thought it was super cute and funny, but I felt like I should follow through. I told her that it was not ok to hide things from mom and that she could not have the chocolate. Of course she continued to ask for the chocolate and I gave in. That is right, I tried to follow through, but I didn't. She got her chocolate and followed it up with a very sincere, "I forgive you mom."

7 comments:

Ian and Resa said...

She is so cute! Both your kids are so cute! It was so good to hear from you on our blog! I can't believe your little princess is in preschool too! Where does the time go? They grow up way too fast. And, where did you get Sawyers tie?? It's adorable! It looks like you guys are doing great! Take care:)

Becky said...

Just as cute in writing as when you told me. You're a good mom Lynns - Thank You!

Scarlett said...

Too cute! She is adorable! It's crazy she is in preschool. But so fun. I love that stage!

ty and megs said...

hee hee. glad i'm not the only one who gives in to my kids...especially concerning treats.

Brenna said...

She sounds like a ton of fun! What a sweetie :)

kate said...

Hee hee! How good of her to forgive after you deprived her like that! Motherhood sure feels like a mind game a lot. :) you are such a cute, sweet mom.

Katrina said...

Ha! I love it. She's so forgiving, you must have taught her well :)