December 20, 2011

Thank You, Thank You!

This year we had Thanksgiving at the Stephenson's. We brought the home made stuffing. who new stuffing was pretty much just bread drenched in butter. I guess I did since this wasn't my first year making it, but it is always somewhat shocking at the amount of butter used.

It was fun cooking with Madelyn. She thought it was fantastic. We have been making candy for Christmas and I haven't let her help very much because it can burn so quickly. Every time I tell her no she says, "but you let me make the stuffing."We ate a great thanksgiving meal, and then of course followed it up with pie. It was fun tasting all the different pies. For the first time I really liked the pecan pie. It is Spencer's favorite and I have always wondered why, but this year I understood. That is probably because last year I made the pecan pie and I guess I don't make pies very well. This year we bought it from Village Inn, and it turns out that they make a fantastic pecan pie. I also must mention Mama Stephenson's coconut cream pie. As long as I have been part of the family she has always made a fantastic coconut cream pie and this year was no exception.

We did a lot of talking and hanging out. All in all we had a great and very relaxing thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. So fun when your kids get big enough to cook with you!