January 7, 2009

A Broken Computer

So, our computer is broken and we are trying to decide whether or not to buy a new one. I am currently working from Spencer's old computer. It is quite temperamental and I have been avoiding using it because it is incredibly slow and apt to multiple pop ups, surprise crashes and other such annoying habits.

But, I was tired of looking at the "Happy Holidays" blog header (yeah, it wasn't the cutest). I found a beautiful picture from one of about twenty five pictures on Spencer's computer to replace that holiday header mistake. This picture is over looking Montreal where Spencer served his mission (too bad it doesn't quite fit).

It has actually been fun to get on my husband's computer and look through old documents from his college days. I found pictures of biking trips in Moab, pictures of our early dating days, old lessons that he had prepared for the MTC (I like reading these because I have always been inspired by Spencer's testimony and knowledge of the gospel) and the best was reading old letters that he had written to me while I was on my mission. (I had all the letters that he had written to me in a binder, but I lost them the semester I got home from my mission during a move from one apartment to another. I still pray for a miracle and that someone will call me one day and tell me they found these letters with my name on them. At least we have a couple of the letters that he wrote.)

I am pretty sure we are going to get a new computer. I think we agree that it is about time. The question is do we get a PC or a MAC. There is one vote for a PC and one vote for a MAC (I want the MAC). If you do have any strong feelings about what computer we get, please let me know. In the mean time, give me a break if my blog looks like it is under construction.

9 comments:

Becky said...

We loved spending so much time with you this Christmas. Maddie looked so darling in her candycane jammies. Love you all bunches and thanks for all you do,

Mom

Barry and Rochelle said...

MAC!!

Anne H said...

Oh no! Not the letters. Those were my most favorite memories, aside from teaching of course, in Corvallis. I think that Spencer inspired us all.

Ann Marie said...

PC!!!

Jessica said...

MAC, it is the best!!!

Brenna said...

We've got a HP laptop and a MAC and we've had so many problems with the MAC. I've used MACs for awhile at school and every one I've had has had problems:( I think they are much more user friendly, but not as reliable.

Brandon and Tenille said...

I am sorry to hear about your computer. I remember when ours did I felt like I had no idea what was going on in peoples lifes. Isnt that pathedic but I didnt know what to do with myself not being able to check my emails and blog stock, how sad am I.....

Natalie said...

I have a love, hate relationship with my computer. I vote PC! Happy Computer shopping.

Annie said...

MAC MAC MAC MAC!!!! enough said!