October 26, 2009

"Kiddi Cove"

These girls are great. We started getting together a few weeks ago and have become really good friends.

Let me introduce you. Rebecca is in the white T-shirt. She has a little girl, Elaina, who is a couple months younger than Madelyn. Brittney is in the brown, and she has a little boy, Luke, who is six months. Both ladies are first time moms so we have very similar schedules which makes it easy for us to do things together.

Today we went to Boondocks Fun Center. My nephew Jayden would have been so jealous. He absolutely thinks that Boondocks is the coolest place. I was actually surprised at how much there was to do and how nice everything was. It was especially relaxing because it was all free for us. Rebecca's husband is a manager there and was able to use some of his "Boondocks Bucks" to treat us to an afternoon of good food and lots of fun for the kiddos.



We ate lunch. We ordered all the food that we wanted. I ate on of the best grilled chicken sandwitches I have ever had.

We played in the "Kiddi Cove" for a good chunk of the time. Up and down, through the plastic tunnels , bouncing on the tramp, walking on the tight rope, in the monkey pit, and down the slide. Over and over again. I followed Madelyn's little diapered bum all around until she needed help climbing up this or that. She was lovin it.

We played a few archade games. We played Deal or No Deal. I tried to take Madelyn on a roller coaster ride where the chairs move along with the image on the screen, but she didn't like it. It scared her.

And finally we finished with yummy Blue Bunny ice cream. I got home right in time to put Madelyn to bed. She slept well.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had fun! :) It's so nice to find moms who are in the same situation as you when you are first starting out. Things can definitely get overwhelming!

Scarlett said...

Fun! I haven't taken Kassi there cause I didn't think there would be a whole lot for her to do. Good to know that Boondocks is for all ages! Cute pics!

Brenna said...

Ha ha! That looks like a blast! I love the photo of you and Madelyn going down the slide!