September 20, 2009

Our Last Days of Summer

Its time to start our goodbyes to summer. When Madelyn and I went running the other morning she wore her winter hat and gloves. Goodbye summer.
Good thing we spent an afternoon at the fair, and had one of our last ice cream cones for the summer.
...and said hello and goodbye to the animals.
(see the cow bums in the back. Those are said animals.)
And an afternoon at my cousin BJ's homecoming. (My aunt has made their backyard beautiful. I hope ours looks this beautiful one day.)


The last two days have been chilly. I am looking forward to the cooler weather. I am really looking forward to making applesauce next month... and for Halloween...and Thanksgiving...I am really looking forward to Fall.

7 comments:

Ann Marie said...

cupcakes & ice cream...yes, please! i think that is a wonderful way to say goodbye to summer. plus, madelyn has such pretty little clothes! she's oh so cute!

Ginnie said...

I'm still waiting to see some more pics of your cute new home....
:)

Bee-utiful said...

I love the cute green dress, way pretty! as for me...being a mom is awesome! I'm finishing school this semester (8weeks) and I start this week, I think I'm having separation anxiety because I don't want to be away from my baby, is that normal? Anyways, I love having my baby!

M. McCune said...

Agh! I hate the fall even though it is pretty because winter is acoming! a hate it! Cute pics though;)

Katrina said...

I decided to let myself get excited for fall this year...normally I'm busy dreading the winter, so I forget to take advantage of the fall. It's going well so far:) Cute pictures! Madelyn's green dress is SO cute!

Scarlett said...

Can Madelyn get any cuter?!? She is such a doll! I am sad to see summer go, but fall is my fav time of year! Can't wait for all the fun holidays that I get to share with my hubby and daughter! It's the best!

Becky said...

Love to hear your voice in your writing. Such an easy style. Love you much my dear Lynns. You're a great mom and wife and homemaker AND Daughter!