January 3, 2010

Holidays

My husband is downstairs making a snow cone with the snow cone maker that he got for Christmas. I knew he would love it. I just thought it would be a couple of months until he used it. I should have known better. Madelyn is sleeping and I am obviously blogging.

We spent Christmas Eve with my family. We had breakfast at Carrie's house and then went sledding. You may notice that we don't have any pictures of Madelyn on a sled. She didn't really like the steep hill and opted for the playground instead.


After Sledding we went over to my parents house where we got Christmas dinner in the oven, made gingerbread houses and played games. Can't believe i didn't get my camera out. I was just so busy doing things.

After we ate dinner we exchanged gifts. I love exchanging gifts. Its the best part. The kids are great to watch. I had to laugh when Maci explained to Grandma that she already had the gift that Grandma had given to her. Good thing Grandma had a back up gift that Maci was very excited about. Madelyn got some little stuffed animal puppets. I am pretty excited to have a puppet show with her.

We drove home on Christmas Eve and spent Christmas morning at our house.

I can't get any of our Christmas video to upload right now so I'll just tell you, Madelyn got a kitchen for Christmas. We had a blanket over it and when we pulled it off she ran up to it and said, "wow". She loved it and we have had fun watching her eat her pretend food. Madelyn also got a hole bunch of books which she was very excited about.

After we had our Christmas cinnamon rolls we got ready and drove up to Spencer's family cabin in Logan. We got some cute home videos of all the little kids opening their presents. Grandma and Grandpa Stephenson did a good job of spoiling their three grandchildren. Madelyn's favorite toy was a baby doll set complete with a high chair, stroller, crib and baby food. She couldn't wait for us to get it out of the package.

It's official though, the holidays are over. I will wake up to Spencer kissing me goodbye when he leaves for work in the morning. Sad, this week has been so much fun just paling around as a little family. We did a lot of shopping this past week. We looked at cars that we may or may not buy, furniture that we wish we could buy and then the furniture that we probably will buy. We fixed the breaks on our car, hung out in our pajamas, played on the floor with Madelyn a lot, went snow shoeing and watched some movies. It really was a wonderful week together. Neither Spence or I want it to be over.

We have had a great holiday season and hope you had the same. We wish you a happy New Year too.

5 comments:

Anne H said...

She is so adorable in her little snow outfit. =) I'm glad your family had such a wonderful Christmas. We should get together soon!

Brenna said...

That sounds like a perfect holiday! You're so lucky to have so many relatives close by!

M. McCune said...

We (David and I) love that you got Spencer a snow cone maker. Good gift!

Becky said...

Love you dearly and appreciate the time you and Spence and Maddi spent with the fam during the holidays. Wouldn't be the same without you.

Scarlett said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Christmas is so fun when you have kids. Love that you got your hubby a snow cone maker. So fun!