February 6, 2008

It's a girl!


Hi Guys! We have some great news! We’re having a little baby girl. We were able to see her on Monday, and it made it feel that much more real. We really are going to have a baby! It was amazing to see her little arms, hands, legs and feet. The doctor said that everything looked great. She is right where she is supposed to be as far as weight and size go. I kept thinking, “She is so cute!” and then I would remind myself that I was looking at a black and white, fuzzy screen. But still, it is incredible to know that we have a little daughter that will be here in a few months.
I have to admit, I kinda wanted a little girl. I think it came about because we had picked out a name for her at the very beginning, and we had already received a few little girl dresses.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she had curly hair. I think it would be so cute if it were red curly hair. Spence thinks we shouldn’t wish red hair upon our child, but what’s the harm when we really have no say in it anyway?
Unless we change our minds, of course, her name will be Madeline Kate. She is due July 3rd. We’ll see when she actually gets here. We’re so excited to be parents!!

17 comments:

BAWC said...

Congratulations Melynn! You will be great parents. Wow, a little girl, you will have so much fun. My mom said that she saw you yesterday and that you look great. Take care.

Aleena said...

Hooray! I love girls! I am so glad that you are having a little girl. Not only are they so fun to dress but you get to live out your little girl dreams while you are an adult. Yesterday, Aria and I dressed up like a princess and had a Tea Party. It was so fun! Congratuations!

Veronica said...

I love red hair so I think you can wish for it if you want. I am so excited for you two. You are going to have a blast. She is going to be an awesome little girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm super excited for you guys! A new little niece!!! She's going to be addorable for sure.

krista said...

That is SO exciting, I am really excited for you guys. You will be the BEST mom! COngrats.

Katie said...

Yay! Congrats! Can't wait to see her!

ty and megs said...

i'm so excited you are having a girl! it will be so fun for mckinlay to have a little band of girl cousins to pal around with!

Jessica said...

A little girl will be so much fun! I like the name, very cute. Where did you get your new template? I am sick of mine and I have seen some that are similar to your and I really like it.

Aleena said...

HEy Spence- do you have Kyle Price's email address? I need to get a hold of him for the class reunion. Thanks so much!

Merilee said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. I love the ultra sounds, I loved seeing our little baby in there kicking and wiggling. I could never get enough.

Shiara said...

All right!!! That's exciting. I'm sure she will be so beautiful!

Bee-utiful said...

Congradulations! I'm so excited for you guys to have a little one. It's so crazy how time flies and everyone has at least 1 or more kids now...man I need to get a move on. It was good hearing from you, sounds like you guys are doing great! :)

Gerber Family said...

yay! Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! So fun!

Erin said...

yay Melynn and Spence! We love little girls. You will die at how much you will love your little girl. Congrats guys!

Brandon and Tenille said...

Congrats Melynn I saw your blog and had to check it out. Thats so excitting that your having a baby girl kids are alot of work but alot of fun. I hope you dont mind that I looked at your page good luck with everything.

the mama monster said...

congrats! you will be great parents.

Teacher Mama said...

Horray Melynn!! Are you having a shower? I would love to come if you are. I have contact info for old roomies. Shopping for girls is so fabulous!