February 18, 2008

Mmmm...Yummy!


Yesterday we had dinner with my parents. Since all my brother's and sister's had plans with either in laws, or something else going on, it was just me, Spence and my mom and dad. Spence decided that for dessert we should have Creme Brulee. We got this Creme Brulee set for our wedding and have been meaning to use it, but didn't bust it out until yesterday. Who knew that Spence was such a good cook? It turned out to be a delicious success. My favorite part was the frozen blueberries that went on top, and I think Spence likes that delicious top layer of sugar that you melt using the "mini blow torch".



My dad however enjoyed trying to figure out how different kinds of sugar (granulated, powdered, or marshmallow) melted using the "mini blow torch". It seems that engineering was the right career choice for him.

My mom just enjoys anything that has to do with being with her family. Thanks for the great dinner mom and dad.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah man, i totaly wish i would have come down now! Dangit.

ty and megs said...

oh man. like father like son. don't you just see ty trying to melt the different sugars too?

ty and megs said...

p.s. your hair is super cute and i can't believe you are still so tiny at your half way point!

Jessica said...

I think it would be fun to play with the little torch too! You have the tiniest little belly. Its so cute!

Merilee said...

Wow. That is a pretty crazy little blow torch. That would be fun!

Terrence and Kestlee said...

Hey Melynn! I found your blog on Tenille's and just wanted to say hi! I looks like you guys are doing well! Congratulations on having a girl! You are the tiniest pregnant woman I have ever seen!

Becky said...

Just love you to pieces, my girl! Glad it's "fun2beu".

Love, yo'momma

BAWC said...

that mini blow torch looks like something blair would enjoy. i like that beautiful pic of you two with the temple in the background.