November 21, 2008

Is your family "perfect"?

My dad sent me this article. It was written for an LDS audience about what makes a "great" LDS family. It was a good reminder that what makes a "great" LDS family is not necessarily living a "perfect" life (i.e. a perfect record of family prayer, family home evening, etc).

What makes a great LDS family (and this applies for any family, this just happened to be written to an LDS audience) is doing your best with what you have, and being grateful for what you have.

I would suggest reading the article. I really liked it.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That entire article was amazing! I really liked in the end when it was talking about incorporating the things you love into the principles of the Gospel. You're receiving great blessings for "following prophetic council", but it's not a burden to try to get things done because it becomes even more a part of your life! I loved it! Thanks for sharing it.

Shannon said...

Melynn,

Thank you for posting the link to this article. I was deeply fascinated by the concepts in it; I especially loved this scripture that he quoted: Paul says, “ Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all” (1 Cor. 12:4–6). What truth. We all have something to contribute, something to gain, something to be a part of. Loved this. Thank you.

Scarlett said...

Melynn,

Your little girl is darling! You look so beautiful as well! So fun reading your blog! I loved the article too! It has such a great message!

Terrence and Kestlee said...

Great article! T and I read it last Sunday and we really enjoyed it. Thanks!!