September 14, 2009

Feelin Kinda Crafty...

I haven't always felt crafty, but recently something has sparked my creative juices. I think it has to do with our empty walls and feeling like I need to decorate. It also has to do with Madelyn growing up and me wanting her to have things to do and play with.

So, this past week I did a few little things that I thought were fun.

I made some letter blocks that spell Madelyn's name. They are on top of the book shelf in her bedroom.

And the second items are some good 'ol sock puppets. I'm not sure why I thought to make these, but they turned out cute. I made four with supplies from Wal-Mart.


Madelyn laughs when she plays with them. She puts them on (they go all the way to her shoulder) and then shakes her arm around and laughs.

I'm sure that one day we will have some great puppet shows.

5 comments:

Brenna said...

All I can say is CUUTE!!!

Katrina said...

Great job Melynn! The blocks and the puppet look really cute. I might try the sock puppet idea with Juliet.

ty and megs said...

love the puppet! especially the pink piggies! :)

kate said...

heck, you are so cute! what a good momma.

Merilee said...

Love it. I rarely get crafty spurts, but never create anything that cute! well done. :)